Dressage and Combined Training
To encourage and support interest in dressage and combined training by providing:
- Education Opportunities
- Acting as liaison with the USDF & USEA
- Marketing the activities of IaDCTA throughout the state and region
On behalf of the Iowa Dressage and Combined Training Association (IaDCTA), I would like to welcome you as a member. Thank you for joining our group as we share our interest in training horses in the classical methods of dressage. This knowledge helps our mounts in other disciplines, such as eventing (combined training), Western Dressage, and even trail riding. The IaDCTA offers a number of resources to help you in your endeavors.
Among them is our webpage that contains news of upcoming events, our handbook, copies of our newsletter The Collection, and our member directory. The Handbook has information on awards programs for riders and horses, committees, competitions, and volunteering. The more you become involved, the more you will benefit from your membership. To access the webpage, go to www.IaDCTA.org and create your log-in as a member.
The IaDCTA Handbook is currently being updated and will soon be available on the website.
As a member of the IaDCTA, you are also entitled to many rewards. These include being able to attend our association events as a discount. In addition, you will receive the USDF Connection magazine, and the IaDCTA's electronic newsletter, The Collection. Adult members will receive 1 vote in any IaDCTA elections or voting decision. You will also be eligible for Year-End Awards.
As a Group Member Organization (GMO) member of the United States Dressage Federation (USDF), the IaDCTA makes it possible for you to access many benefits through the USDF.
GMO member benefits include:
- Access to eTRAK, USDF’s online learning center for dressage and equine education. Through one convenient location, access hundreds of educational resources, engage in structured learning activities, and earn USDF University Program credit!
- Ten issues of the award-winning USDF Connection magazine
- Access to the digital version of USDF Connection
- Full access to all non-retail titles on the USDF app
- Eligibility to compete as rider and/or owner at USEF-licensed/USDF-recognized shows
- Eligibility for USDF Rider Awards (Rider Performance Awards, Bronze, Silver and Gold Medal, Freestyle Gold, Silver and Bronze Bar, Master’s Challenge)
- Eligibility for USDF/Dover Saddlery Adult Amateur National Merit Award
- Access to “members only” section of the USDF website
- E-newsletters sent by USDF, which helps Group Members stay in touch with what is happening at USDF
- A USDF Group Member card which can be used at USDF competitions and an online membership card available for printing, at any time, free of charge
- Discounted rates at USDF educational events
- Discount in the USDF store
- Discounts with USDF’s Member Perks Partners
- Eligibility to earn USDF University Program credit
- Representation at the BOG through the GMO delegate
- Eligibility to receive a Ruth Arvanette Memorial Fund grant, which funds convention attendance
- Eligibility for the Regional GMO Volunteer of the Year Award
- GMO youth members (21 and under) are eligibility for the USDF Youth Volunteer of the Year Award, USDF Shining Star Awards, and USDF Arts and Creativity Contest
- Eligibility for the “L” Education Program
- Grants funded by The Dressage Foundation are available to USDF Group Members
Because of the logistics of submitting your membership to the USDF, there may be a time period of about a month before your name is listed in the USDF. You will then receive a membership card through the mail. It will contain your USDF number. With this number, you will be able to log onto the USDF website at usdf.org.
I look forward to seeing you at an upcoming event.
IaDCTA is tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions to IaDCTA are deductible under Section 170(c)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code. View the IaDCTA IRS 501(c)(3) letter here.